Ready for a little word play? Today’s subscriber freebie is a sample of a larger product called Word Play, An Art-for-Brains Activity. Kids love crack the code activities, and this one packs a powerful skill-building punch as it strengthens visual discrimination skills and so much more.
How it Works
- This Word Play activity includes four grids.
- Each 4 x 4 grid contains patterned letters.
- Some of the patterns match, some do not.
- Students cross out any letters in the grid with matching patterns.
- The letters that remain spell a word.
- Students write the word below each grid.
- Finally, what do the 4 words have in common?
Spoiler alert: The answer to this sample word list code is that all the words are positive action words. (The answer “verbs” works just as well.)
Ready to play? Subscribers, sign in. Not a subscriber yet? Sign up in the box below. Then complete the registration process using the same email you used to subscribe. You’ll immediately gain access to an ever growing list of fun printable activities for kids, including this one.
Think your kids will love Crack the Secret Word List Code? Read more about Word Play and all the reasons why you’ll love it, too!